Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I would like to ask about an std results. No actually i only…

Hello, i would like...

Hello, i would like to ask about an std results

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No actually i only need from you to explain the results to me i got the test results and would like to show it to you

Can i send the results by email so you can see it as they send it to me
3/14/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your question?

Hep c virus ab. Result:0.1
Reference range : 0.0-0.9 s/co ratio
Negative: <0.8
Indeterminate: 0.8-0.9
Positive: > 0.9
What does it mean?
Do i have any risk and what should i do?
i also attached a picture of the results.. could you please tell me what does my results mean for the hsv1 and the hsv2 ?

it means you don't have hepatitis C

your level was 0.1

0.1 is less than 0.8

so you are negative.

your herpes type 1 and 2 are negative as well

But why they didn't put just negative for all of them i mean why did it show 0.1
And <0.91?

that is how the test is designed.

all my results are negative?
Do i need to do something or do you suggest to do the test again after a few weeks? I did this test after 5 weeks of the exposure

yes, all of your results are negative.

no, you don't need more testing.

Thank you so much Dr. David
If i have another question later can i reach you from here?

yes.

please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Sure i will do that and thank you so much again

you are welcome