Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I can not put wieght on my knee like if I bend down and put…

Customer Question
I can not put...

I can not put wieght on my knee like if I bend down and put my knee on the floor it is burning for and 5 to 8 inches down towards mr foot

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only hurts when I get down on one knee my right knee

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Health
3/13/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Das, MD, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

How old are you?

Since when have you had this problem?

What medicines, if any, are you on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
39
Pass 4 weeks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Merloxicam 7.5
For 3 days now

Thank you for your reply.

If you have pain in the knee which radiates to below the knee towards the leg, then it s likely that you have patellar tendinitis. The patellar tendon connects the patella (kneecap) to the shin bone. Bending will put stress on the tendon and cause a burning pain.

Patellar tendinitis is also frequently present with arthritis .

This condition is treated with painkillers, rest and icing. Physiotherapy may also be needed once the pain decreases.

Please consult your doctor for a checkup to confirm that it is patellar tendinitis .

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long is recovery?

Recovery can be within days or may extend to weeks. It will depend on the severity of the inflammation.

In mild cases, with proper icing and rest, you should see a positive change within 7 days.

I hope this helped.

Thank you.

I hope this helped.

Thank you.

Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor