Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My right clitoris Hood is swollen and very painful would…

Customer Question
My right clitoris Hood...

My right clitoris Hood is swollen and very painful would could be wrong

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries or no sex In the past 2 months just 2 days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
3/12/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This is most likely Bartholin cyst or an abscess. Bartholin glands (also called the greater vestibular glands) are located inside of both clitoris hoods, and blockage of the Bartholin ducts is a common reason for this kind of swelling and pain.

What should i do

Bartholin gland's main function is to secrete mucus to provide vaginal lubrication; and like any other gland in the body, the ducts may get blocked some time leading to cyst formation or an abscess.

Right now, you can take Motrin or Aleve (anti-inflammatory pain medicines); sitz bath (sitting twice or thrice daily in luke warm water with some antiseptic added).

If this doesn't respond or reduce in size, then the only way to get further help is to see an OB/GYN doctor for a clinical exam and this may require incision and drainage.

And in that case you would also need a course of antibiotics.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Thanks for visiting JA!