Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

It’s been a few weeks. So I’m starting to get worried now…

Hey doc it’s been a...
Hey doc it’s been a few weeks. So I’m starting to get worried now about a what’s going on. On two fronts still that I have a brain tumor, and also that what’s going on is stroke related or I have like MS or something. So I’ve been taking the propanalol for over a month I really don’t see a difference. I will admit when I was in Vegas I did feel better was able to do stuff but still had symptoms (off ballance dizzy etc.) when I came back and got back to work it was as nothing changed. I’m also worried about taking propanalol it says that you shouldn’t stop taking it without talking to dr fist because some people can have a heart attack!? I guess that has something to do with it slowing down your heart rate. So one fear is if I stop it my heart rate will go back up and I’ll have a heart attack.The other things is the brain tumor why have I not see a difference and this deaf prevents me from doing stuff. I get sensations feelings over my body at times that’s hard to explain, where I feel I need to lay down. What also worries me as I have said before is my eyes I get this feeling in my eye or eyes that’s not right. It feels like a mix between like of you don’t sleep and someone’s blowing on it mayb. I’ve also noticed that sometimes it’s hard for me to see things read things that are small. So for example especially at work looking at the computer screen when at first glance the words on the screen seem blurry then when I get close I can read them, or like a street sight the same way. This terrifies me, it seems to happen mostly on computer screens. Like today my eyes have felt weird all day! I’ve also had a very off balance feeling today. Oh and also to add on to things when I eat it hurts like right on top of my stomach that just started this morning! What is going on!!!! I’m very consearned it’s so much going on!
3/11/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Jay--sorry but I'm going to have to opt out for now--I've got to be away for a while

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having bad anxiety symptoms

the propranolol just helps slow down fast heart rate and will not decrease your anxiety symptoms.

you should talk to you doctor about medications which can help you decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well my neurologist gave me propanol because I have non painful vestibular migraines... I got them back in 2008... we treated with propanol and it worked so that’s what we are shooting for now. It’s just worst this time , i will feel off balance , dizzy at times etc. But it hasn’t gone away yet so I’m getting worried that I’m having like a brain tumor/stroke or some neurological issue. Then my eyes get weird feelings. I guess I’m over reacting?

how old are you?

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im 35, I’ve been told multiple times on here that I have anxiety but never taken anything for it. I am overweight and suffer from IBS c take linzess , and have apnea high cholesterol. The last dr knows me.. lol
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
FYI my grandmother suddenly died of brain cancer when I was young so I think that’s what caused my health anxiety

I see.

do you have a primary care doctor you can see about your anxiety symptoms

to see if you can take something for it

are you willing to take something for it or not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yea I need to I would. You think this is anxiety? Im looking to much into vestibular migraines?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just wonder if it’s normal that I’m still not feeling normal I’ve been taking propanol for about a month

yes, it sounds like you have bad anxiety symptoms.

bad anxiety can cause headaches, eye strain

bad anxiety can magnify small symptoms to make you worried about small symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well because it’s vesti I don’t get many headaches, but I will say it starts with my eyes. There are times especially at work when I look at the screens and the words will be blurry. I can read them but blurry then I move closer and it’s fine. Also I’ll get word sensations and feeling all over my body that makes me feel week like o need to lay down. Still sound like anxiety?

this sounds like you have eye strain.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For this long? Or the anxiety causss it

long time on the computer can cause eye strain

lack of exercise can cause fatigue

near sightedness can cause blurry vision.

you should see an eye doctor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok even when I’m not looking at the screen. Like today it was bothering me most of the day no monitors. I feel like I can see fine though, like sometimes my eyes will feel that way after waking up.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
However it is worst at work during the week but can happen anytime any day

these don't sound like dangerous symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Uh it just feeks like it is but I guess that’s anxiety?

bad anxiety symptoms can make you very worried about small symptoms which are not dangerous.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK any chance anxiety can cause the Vestibuler Migraines..and id you dont mind me asking I respect your opinion and expertise. Im just curious as to how you feel this is anxiety.

yes, bad anxiety symptoms can cause vestibular migraines.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just seems like to much for anxiety thats all, like I literally feel not right.

bad anxiety symptoms can cause you to not feel right.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
everyday though, like its like this everyday since Jan

sounds like you have long term anxiety symptoms

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)