Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My lingual frenulum is red, swollen, and sore. No recent…

My lingual frenulum is...

My lingual frenulum is red, swollen, and sore.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries. I noticed it was hurting yesterday, So I lifted up my tongue to check. Saw that it wasn’t norma

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Normal

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Can you send a picture?

How old are you?

Any other past illness?

I’m 28, no other past illnesses. My kids are sick, not sure if they have allergies or a cold. Maybe the lingual frenulum is from that?

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There seems to be an inflammation.
An infection is possible too.
You can do warm, salt water gargling.
Listerine mouth wash can be used.

Those would help to reduce inflammation & infection.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Great, thank you for your help!