Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I saw my last period on the 9 of February I was supposed to…

I saw my last...

I saw my last period on the 9 of February I was supposed to see my next period on the 4 of March but I was 6 days late then I had sex on the 9 of March around 9 pm boom my period came on the 10 of March though he cum inside me twice. Could I still be pregnant while having my period I really want a baby.thanks

Doctor's Assistant: Are the baby and the thanks using any contraceptives? When did his last period begin?

No am not using any contraceptive

Doctor's Assistant: When was his last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

Am not sure when last he did Pap test,no swelling or discoloration.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

He’s fine no medical issue,I was pregnant around July last year but I did a surgical termination when I was six weeks

3/11/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could I still be pregnant after having sex a day before my period?

Unfortunately the answer is no.

Since you had a period, chance of pregnancy is almost nil.

I understand that this may not be the answer you were expecting or wanted to hear but I have to be ethical and tell you the truth.

Delay in the period can be due to many other reasons apart from pregnancy, as following:

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions

2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities

3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders

4) Sudden weight loss or gain

5) Excessive physical activity

6) Hyperprolactinemia

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

when is the most perfect time to get pregnant? Sometimes my cycle can be irregular but the least is 29

You can use a ovulation kit which tells the time of it and that is the best way to predict the time of getting pregnant.

Usually ovulation is 14 days before the predicted period. Since your usual cycles are 29 days; 14-18 days of your period are best time for getting pregnant.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Can I use the ovulation kit 3 days after my period or I have to wait till 14-18 days,because I have a period tracker is says I would be ovulating on the 17 to 18 of March.

Yes, you can use ovulation kit 3 days after the period. You may have to read the instructions on the ovulation kit as there are different type of kits which will need using them from initial period cycle. Please read about it;

https://www.avawomen.com/avaworld/when-to-take-ovulation-test/

Ok thanks hoping I get pregnant this month ��.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you all the very best in life.