Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it okay to start consuming alcohol 48 hours after last…

Is it okay to...

Is it okay to start consuming alcohol 48 hours after last does of Bactrim?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used Bactrim or anything similar before?

Possibly, but not specifically that I can recall.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a pediatrician about this?

No.

3/10/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I understand your concern.
As per your description, yes, you can take alcohol safely 48 hours after the last dose of Bactrim.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

With no ill effects?

Thank you for replying back.

Yes, without any adverse effects.

As Bactrim gets clear out from the system within 48-72 hours after the last dose.

So, chances of alcohol interaction are very slim.
I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Okay thanks!

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician