Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My mother in law is obese and has fat flaps. on her right…

My mother in law...

My mother in law is obese and has fat flaps. on her right hip inside a flap she has red bumps and a skin tag that she says leaks fluid and sometimes blood. was wondering what that could possibly be

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

About 4-5 years and it is only her right side.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has high blood pressure that is it that we know of

3/10/2018
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This is most likely a Perianal abscess or a fistula which is causing persistent discharge and blood at times.

Another possibility is that there is an ulcer/wound in that area, and because of poor hygiene, pressure, and increase weight, this is not healing and getting infected and excoriated recurrently leading to discharge and bleeding at times.

Honestly, this requires a comprehensive clinical examination and a culture swab should be taken to exactly identify the organism responsible for infection, which will direct use of a specific antibiotic which can heal up this area.

Also, If there is abscess or fistula, then it will need a surgical removal (minor surgery).

Therefore, she should be seen by her PCP/GP first, or if you can manage that, going to ER is also a reasonable option to start the investigations and get a referral to a surgeon.

At home, sitz bath (sitting in luke warm water with an antiseptic added) daily for 10-15 minutes will be helpful.

Keep the affected area dry and clean.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for her good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Was it helpful?

If you have any further clarifications/queries, do ask.

Thanks for visiting JA!

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor