Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had suffered a cut about an inch above and slightly to the…

I had suffered a...

I had suffered a cut about an inch above and slightly to the right of my right eye 2 days ago I've been treating it it's clean but woke up today and noticed that I'm not going to swallow blood black and blue around the eye I'm applying ice to it how long will this take to pass? Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

My vision is fine everything else is fine again the wound was from a bicycle accident it is clean and healing well however just today a little bit over 40 48 hours later it's starting to swell and I could see a slight black and blue buy me putting ice on it now will this prevent it from getting any worse and if so how long will it take to pass? Thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is the pain?

Is the area warm to touch?

Can you send a picture?

How old are you?

Did you take any medicine?

There is no pain it's a little warm to the touch but not much, I'm 55 years old and no I do not take medication. I'm having a hard time sending pictures for some reason your system is not allowing me send a picture took

Got the picture.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Okay good I just noticed that thank you

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Injury around the eye can cause accumulation of blood in the loose areolar tissue under the skin.
The swelling gravitates down around the lids.
It will absorb slowly.
You need not worry.
The color change is due to blood pigment.
The swelling will take time to resolve or reabsorb.
Black eyes are treated with ice for the first 24 hours to prevent much swelling.
Application of ice can help.
You can give for 10 minutes at 10 minutes interval several times.
Ice pack or bag of frozen vegetables can be used.
For pain tylenol is good.
Avoid using aspirin or motrin as they have blood thinning properties.
Depending on the severity, it may take 1 week to 10 days for resolution.
Your cut looks deep.
You can apply neosporin cream.
If the wound or the area gets much painful, warm, there can be development of infection.
Oral antibiotic can be needed.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)