Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I Would like to know if Bactrim and Augmentin can be taken…

Customer Question
I Would like to...

I Would like to know if Bactrim and Augmentin can be taken at the same time. I have a UTI plus infected tooth. So can I take both antibiotics at the same time?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

The truth is actually broken and yes there is swelling and swelling and pain in my cheek

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I just want to know if it’s safe to take both antibiotics at the same time. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
3/8/2018
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Ty very much

I understand your concern.
As per your description, you can safely take Bactrim and Augmentin together at the same time.

You should also take OTC Advil and Allegra.

Apply cool compresses or cool water gargles.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Oh ty so much for your help. You have a blessed night.
How and where do I rate your response?

Thank you for replying back.

Maintain a good hydration.

Start Culturelle probiotic and Citrucel while taking antibiotics.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.