Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have these deep grooves on my thumbnails for about two…

I have these deep grooves...
I have these deep grooves on my thumbnails for about two years they run from side to side
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...nails are appendages of the skin. Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed and treated (if needed) after seein them directly.

May I request you to upload some images so that I can guide you better.

i will send them now

Hello...thank you for getting back with the images. These are called Beau's lines of the nails. These usually signify some health issue from which you have recovered. They may look like indentations or ridges in the nail plate. Beau's lines can result from any disease process or illness that is severe enough to affect the growth plate of the nail. Malnutrition and chemotherapy drugs for cancer can also cause Beau's lines. Trauma or injury may also be a cause of Beau's lines or nail ridges. But they just signify that you need to get yourself evaluated by your internal medicine specialist please. As such - they themselves are not suggestive of any disease process.

Calcium and vitamin D deficiency also can cause them.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)