Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

The back of my tongue and throat is feeling numb but there's…

Hello. The back of...

Hello. The back of my tongue and throat is feeling numb but there's no pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Since last night No fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Cardiomyopathy but that doesn't relate to it

2/17/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani from India. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are you able to swallow the saliva or getting any choking feeling?

2. Is there any redness in the throat or pain during swallowing?

3. Was there any pharyngitis in the recent past?

4. Did you eat any exotic or new food or sea food recently?

5. Are you having the sensation of taste please...usually back of the tongue senses the bitter taste better?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Hello. I'm not having any pain. I have not ate anything new. I'm having no bitter taste. I can somewhat swallow the saliva.
Please let me know...are you having any choking feeling while swallowing saliva?
No I'm not
Hello... You for getting back with the necessary information.As you have rightly pointed out this is got nothing to do with the cardiomyopathy.What you say I feel that this could be a simple upper respiratory tract infection or pharyngitis and this could be either bacterial or viral.As of now I would suggest that you do some salt water gargling and if this does not set things right, I would like you to get a rapid Antigen streptococcal test and also a throat swab for culture and sensitivity please.But at the same time if you are having any problem like choking or difficulty in swallowing the saliva please take medical help immediately.It has been hours since your question, how are you feeling now please.Hope I have attended to your query to your satisfaction.
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you please.
I am feeling somewhat the same. I feel a tad bit better but thank you. I will take your advice. I have no more questions.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)