Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Dr chip it's almost 2am ,I can't sleep ,I slept maybe

Dr chip it's almost 2am...
Dr chip it's almost 2am ,I can't sleep ,I slept maybe 2-3hours woke up and can't go back to sleep ,I am supposed to have a very busy day with running errands,cleaning ,and then my daughter has a competition ,I am afraid I will collapse
2/16/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Just got on

R u sure not sleeping all night and having such busy day not by choice will not stop heart

No it won't

Dr this is just getting better and better .so I got from work so short story I was wiping counters and garbage bag was in sink and I swiped my hand and slised my hand open so I went to urgent Care I have four stitches .but they asked me if I had tetanus shot I said yes but I don't remember if it was under 10years ago. Will something happen to me if it's not up to date

Did the doctor know you weren't sure if it had been under 10 years?

Well I told him I think it was within 10 years

Then there's nothing to worry about

But I am not sure
It was done in 2010

Then you're covered

Dr chip have couple of questions.one second day have palps on and off .second u remember I told u I had stitches yesterday on my hand so today today that piece of cloth they put fell off I didn't have anything ,amso I put Vaseline and covered it with bounty is that bad.

The palps are not dangerous

The vaseline and the bounty is fine but you can just use a regular bandaid

Ok she said to come if I see any puss or swelling .I don't see it but we do see it looks bluish

It's fine

Dr chip my wound is still oozing blood .what do I do

Give me a photo

Here

Looks fine--sutures intact and no infection

Ok so is that ok to see some blood

Yes

Dr chip pls help I don't know what to do with food ,I can't stop eating bad stuff and then can't breath and have horror stories about having clogging arteries.so for example today I ate bowl of cereal with frozen blueberries ,then turkey bacon wrap,then pita chips with dip ,then plum ,then 16oz of strawberries,then half a can of dolche de leches.

You won't clog your arteries that way

But what is going on with me.i gained weight.i eat bad stuff feel horrible then eat fruits then all iver again.then thought about heart attack comes up

You just can't get the will power to eat healthy

But as I am 39 and will it kill me

Where are we going with this?

I guess we going with me asking u f what I eat can kill me

Not anytime soon

When u say not anytime soon what u mean ,and obviously I need to do something about it

Not for years

Dr chip it's hard to clean ,o get out of breath ,I gained weight ,my diet not good and I am afraid i won't survive

We've been over this many times

I know but what do I do

About what?

About me feeling this horrible and I don't know do I need er

No you don't need the ER and you aren't going to die

Dr chip u know about my cut,Dr said I can't wet it ,so how do I take a shower or wash myself? It's my right hand.friday will be a week and Sunday I go to take stiches out

Of course you can get it wet--just dry it afterwards

She said if I will I will get infection .scared the living crap out of me

I have no idea why she said that

I suture people's hands and other parts of their bodies all the time and I tell them to wash the incision after 24 hours--that won't get it infected

Thank u . because I can't handle not taking a shower

No problem with the shower

Dr chip I think it looks worse ,it hurts .scared

Looks fine--no infection and the sutures are intact

Ok thank you .but why does it hurt so much .and will it hurt when she will be taking them out ? And do I need to keep covering it

Can't say why it hurts at this point but its fine and it won't hurt to take the sutures out

Do I need to cover it up still

At this point, no

But I will be still putting Neosporin

That's fine

Dr chip I have palps and skipped beats again and they hurt ,I am afraid because of diet and weight gain I will damage or did damage my heart

I have nothing more to tell you about the palps

Does it damage my heart

Not at all

the diet containing ice cream chips , sandwich fruits veggies?

That's not going to kill you

Time for a rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)