Your symptoms point to reflux laryngitis. Following investigations may be able to confirm it;
1) Barium esophagography
2) Ambulatory 24-hour pharyngoesophageal pH monitoring
Following measures are helpful:
1) Small 5-6 meals a day.
2) Last meal should be eaten 3 hours before lying down.
3) Avoid; fried or fatty foods, chocolate, peppermint, alcohol, coffee, carbonated beverages, citrus fruits or juices, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, vinegar.
4) Eat slowly so air is not swallowed.
5) Swallowing therapy by a speech-language pathologist.
6) Lose weight if obese or overweight.
7) Elevate the head of the bed by 6 inches.
8) Avoid tight clothing.
9) Stop smoking, if you do.
Please see the resource;
Reflux laryngitis or laryngopharyngeal reflux or extraesophageal GERD, differs from traditional GERD in that it does not manifest as heartburn and tends to occur when the patient is upright as opposed to lying flat.
Environmental pollutants and toxic products found in workplaces can also cause chronic laryngitis and can be responsible for throat irritation. Infectious and allergic laryngitis is identified by following investigations;
a) MRI of larynx
b) Skin allergy test
c) Serologic markers for autoimmune disorders/ autoimmune panel.
d) Swab of the larynx, culture and sensitivities for bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
e) Sputum culture.
Chronic laryngitis is treated by;
2) Anti allergic
3) Avoidance of fat, alcohol, and caffeine (if one does)
4) Avoid tobacco or smoking (if you do)
5) Avoid environment pollutants and irritants.
6) Steam inhalation
7) Room humidifier
8) Drinking plenty of liquids (2-3 liters a day).
You may take Tums when there is aggravation off and on.
Helpful Nutrition and supplements are;
1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.