Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I just accidentally took 1200 mg of ibuprofen instead of…

I just accidentally took 1200...
I just accidentally took 1200 mg of ibuprofen instead of 600. I took two of them because I thought it was my gabapentin prescription bottle, and I take two of those and they are white just like the 600 ibuprofen pills are.Will I be ok?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated nausea, heartburn so far?

When have you taken them?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I’m 29 and have no nausea or heartburn so far, but it’s only been about 20 minutes since I took them..

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, the recommended maximum dose of Ibuprofen is 3200mg/ day.

So, as you have taken 1200 mg so it wouldn't harm you.

You are 100 % OK and fine.

No need to worry.

If you feel any nausea then take OTC Zantac.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Eat small meals also.

You can take Gabapentin after 2 hours also.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. I have one more question. I already took the gabapentin because it’s nighttime and it helps me sleep. Is that going to be a problem?

Thanks for the follow-up.

No, it wouldn't cause any problem.

It's safe to use with plain Ibuprofen.

You will be fine.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)