Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Two days ago, I noticed I was seeing thick black marks in my…

Hello. Two days ago...

Hello. Two days ago, I noticed I was seeing thick black marks in my vision upon awakening. They only last for a few blinks and once I'm fully awake they disappear until the next time I fall asleep and wake up. My vision is normal otherwise. I've never had this happen before 2 days ago. I have normal blood pressure and I'm not a diabetic.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

About 2 days now. I have noticed that my heart rate on my Fitbit is under 60 BPM when this happens.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have white matter brain abnormalities that showed up on a cat scan so I'm thinking this might be neurological. Thank you.

Also, I'm a 43 year old female who has lost 14 lbs this month through diet and exercise.
1/22/2018
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond shortly.
The diet shouldn’t matter but I’m concerned about your eye situation. Combine that with white matter issues on cat scan and hopefully we aren’t dealing with symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Maybe it won’t happen after a few more episodes or if it worsens then you need examination.
I sure hope not. I will pursue this with an exam. Thank you for your insight and time.
I sure hope not true and pray for good evaluation.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Just an update to let you know that I decided to visit an eye dr and I have a vitreal detachment in both eyes. He said they should heal on their own and that it's rare that they turn into retinal detachments but now I know the symptoms to watch out for if they do. Thank you for prompting me to get an exam.
You’re welcome and hopefully they heal well