Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I havd the flu. Yesterday 102 fever then went down to 98.6.

I havd the flu...

I havd the flu. Yesterday 102 fever then went down to 98.6. About 5 hours was 99.5 and is now 96.9

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

Yes coughing & congested. My temp is lower than normal, never had this before. Has fever since Friday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Fairly healthy besides gallbladder/heartburn issues

1/22/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Are you taking any medicines for fever, cough?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

31yo femal. Taking Tamiflu
My main question is why my temp would drop so low?

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, your current body temperature readings are not worrisome.

A body temperature below 95 F is considered Hypothermia.

The flu reduced temperature suggests that the person is weak, and the body difficult to fight off infections and viruses.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
Do nasal saline drops and Otrivin nasal drops.
You should do menthol steam inhalation and saline gargles.
Use a warm mist humidifier in your room.
Take Mucinex DM.
You should elevate your head with an extra pillow.

Maintain a good hydration with warm water, soup, honey tea, Gatorade.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Ok what is temp to worry or go to hospital? Both low & high?

Thank you for replying back.

A body temperature below 95 F and above 103 F require a visit to a hospital.
I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Ok and no need to worry about sepsis?

I wouldn't think it's sepsis.

You shouldn't worry about it.

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician