Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My period started coming every 19 or 20 days. Is that

My period started coming...

My period started coming every 19 or 20 days

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Is that normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No sure

How long again for the response to my question
1/21/2018
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn and I can respond but I need to know your age and how many months have you been having this menstrual pattern
I'm 44 , and i noticed it like 4 months now
How are you counting the days. Are you counting from day one of your period to day one of the next? You may not be releasing eggs each cycle. If this continues, then you’d need an ultrasound
Ultrasound would be done around day 18 to show the appearance of the uterine lining. You might be prescribed oral progesterone from day 15 on for ten days. It’s what happens as your cycles tend to do this. It’s normal for the pre-menopausal years to have this happen.
I'm counting from the last day of my period
We count cycles from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next. Usually, five days of the bleeding then the next starts 23 days later for a 28 day cycle. You may be having your period closer to 28 days as opposed to more than 30+ days. You’d need to have the ultrasound to reassure you that it’s normal for you or the doctor might have you take progesterone each cycle for no more than ten days.
Ok Thank you I'll hv a talk with my dr
That’s a plan.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)