Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a small lump about the size of a small jellybean on…

I have a small lump...
I have a small lump about the size of a small jellybean on my left testicle. It varies in size from day to day getting smaller then larger. Sometimes it causes some discomfort when walking. The size seems to decrease for a few days after intercouse.
Lump is superficial to the testicle and seems to be around vas deferens.
1/21/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have developed a spermatocele. The presence of a variable size as well as the absence of any significant amount of pain points towards this diagnosis. A spermatocele is an abnormal sac (cyst) that develops in the epididymis — the small, coiled tube located on the upper testicle that collects and transports sperm. Noncancerous and generally painless, a spermatocele usually is filled with milky or clear fluid that might contain sperm. The cause of spermatoceles is unknown. Spermatoceles might result from a blockage in one of the multiple tubes within the epididymis that transport and store sperm from the testicle. Although your spermatocele probably won't go away on its own, most spermatoceles don't need treatment. They generally don't cause pain or complications. But sometimes pain can be a consequence of the spermatocele and in that case simply using OTC ibuprofen at a dose of 400 mg thrice daily would be enough. If it still causes pain then surgery would be an option.

This can be diagnosed with the help of a simple ultrasound. If you have a picture of the area I would be happy to review it for you.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)