Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am taking a lot of supplements and my holistic doctor put…

Customer Question
Hello, I am taking a...
Hello, I am taking a lot of supplements and my holistic doctor put me on a lot. Let me list them and tell me which one or more that could make my heart pounding. I have been having that for a week. Actually I think it’s a lack of sleep but want to be sure of those supplements. Sometimes this doctor put too much supplements.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
Here’s the list of supplements I’m taking now.
-MonoPure 2-3x a day for 10 days then
2-2x a day
-CoQ10 Power-1-2x a day
-MultMin 1-2x a day (I don’t have it yet)
-Cytozme H 2-2x a day
-Methyl Guard Plus 1-2x a day
-Methyl B12 10,000 IU 5-2x a day (she didn’t explain clearly on that one, maybe she meant once a day but she wrote 2x a day?
-Quercetin 2-4x a day
-Serretia 1-1x a day
-Liver Protect 2-2x a day
-Nrf2 Activator 2-2x a day
-Magnesium Malate 3-evening
-Vit D3 10,000 IU 1-evening/dinner
-5 HTP 100 mg 3 at dinner
- GABA 750 2 at dinner, 2 at bedtime
-Sacch. Boudoboddsri 2- bedtime
-Therlac or TruFlora -2!at evening.
Ok so please tell me if any one or a couple can make my heart pounding. Are they safe? How long should I stay on it? Thanks
By the way it’s past 8 hours. I paid high hoping I d get a quick respond and I did not get that. I should have pay less then.
Please respond. Thanks.
1/21/2018
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., and I can respond but I need to know your age and gender. I’m concerned about your heart pounding and what your blood pressure is doing. I don’t have any experience with supplements. Your holistic doctor must have answers.
I already mention my gender and age before I paid for this. I’m a female and I’m 54. My blood pressure is okay. Just heart pounding more like irregular but come on and off all day. If you don’t have the experience on supplements, is there one doctor that know the answer?
You’ve had the heart pounding for a week. You say your blood pressure is ok but has it been taken with this current episode. You could have developed atrial fibrillation which is common and needs evaluation. The supplements you take may react a certain way with each other. I will opt out and maybe another expert can respond. You do need to have these symptoms evaluated and atrial fibrillation can present with some degree of heart failure.
I typed everything then lost it and now I have to retype my gosh.
As I was saying that I was on IV treatment for over a year and had to stop IV and supplements a month before my nose surgery. I started to have that pounding heart a week after the nose surgery and it has been a week now. I have a heart murmur since I was 9 years old. After my fifth debridement to my nose I started to breathe better and sleep better. I believe I was lacking of sleep. I had ekg done and it shows normal. I am trying to figure out what cause pounding heart it comes and go and it’s getting less and less now. I don’t know if supplements helps or sleeping more help? I can’t really tell.
The IV I had was Cocktail Meyers like vitamin c vitamin d etc. and also Glutathione and something for heart support.
Also before my nose surgery I used to jog and now I’m not doing that because of nose surgery. If I go back walking and jog will it help with my heart?
Ok I’m still waiting....
I’m sorry for the delay. This heart pounding should be evaluated with at least a Holter monitor that records your heart action for 24 hours and you can see what’s going on when there is pounding.
Ok I understand but are you able to identify which supplements I listed that can cause heart pounding. Thanks.
None will cause heart pounding but do combinations of what you take cause something. You take CoQ10 as a supplement but I can’t take it on a blood thinner. There is plenty of information about supplements and many contradict what’s found in other reports. You either feel heart pounding with specific reasons including blood pressure, cardiac arythmias or even being tired and stressed. Who manages your use of the supplements? They should have some information. You can rate your satisfaction with my time and information. I can’t address your heart symptom by focusing on the supplements you take.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)