Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a minty / cold feeling when i breathe in from my

I have a minty...

I have a minty / cold feeling when i breathe in from my mouth

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

I was recently treated for an acute MS attack with solo medrol

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i am also taking vitamin d

1/20/2018
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

solumedtrol steroid can help MS

but can suppress your immune system and cause oral thrush fungal infections.

you could have a bit of dry mouth as well which can make your mouth feel cool

biotine gel and sprays can help with dry mouth

I would not worry too much about this minty cool feeling in your mouth.

thank you Dr

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

it’s actually when i breathe in from my mouth.. feel as if i just had a mint gum or brushed.. do you think it’s an after affect of the steroid? i took the last steroid 1g IV on Jan 02,2018..

it could be from dry mouth or dry air

in winter time, the air is drier and can cause this feeling.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)