Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have had chills, muscle aches, no appetite for the last 5…

I have had chills, muscle...
I have had chills, muscle aches, no appetite for the last 5 days. Usually better in the morning, but worse in the afternoon and evening ( extremely fatigued as well). No runny nose, slight cough, ear slightly clogged.
1/20/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you suffer from nausea, vomiting, heartburn?

Fever?

Bloating and flatulence?

A headache?

Dizziness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Phlegm at the back of the throat?

Any other medical illness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am 49, no significant fever maybe slight, I've been on lisinopril and simvastatin for 4 years, slight headache throughout the weak but not constant, slight nausea but no vomitting.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description and symptoms, it indicates a viral infection.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.

Take OTC Liquid Emetrol and Advil, Tylenol for nausea, loss of appetite, muscle aches, low grade fever.
Do nasal saline drops and saline gargles.
Use a warm mist humidifier in your room.
Take Mucinex for cough.
You should elevate your head with an extra pillow.

Maintain a good hydration with Gatorade.

Eat a bland food and soup, appetisers.

Start a multivitamin & multi-mineral supplement.
Take proper rest.
If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hello

Have you received my answer or last response?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I sent you some more info. I'm 49 , I'm on lisinopril and simvastatin, slight headache during the weak but not major, slight nausea but no vomitting, better in the mornings worse throughout the day

I have already answered you few minutes ago.

I paste it again here.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

Take Mucinex for cough.

Eat a bland food and soup, appetisers.

Take proper rest.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thanks-I was just concerned that it's been 5 days with little improvement. How long could it take to get better?

Thank you for replying back.

If you take all such self-care remedies then you feel better in next 3 days most likely.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician