Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was bitten by a cat yesterday. I am taking Augmentin and a…

I was bitten by...

I was bitten by a cat yesterday. I am taking Augmentin and a Medrol Dose pack, which I started yesterday. I was also given Percocet for pain. I take Klonopin 2mg every night. I took Percocet at 6 PM and Klonopin at 10 PM. The Percocet was 5 mg. Is that safe? I just want to make sure I waited long enough before taking the Klonopin. I also took Zoloft at 10 PM

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

AM - liothyronine and armour thyroid PM Zoloft, atorvastatin and Zoloft.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have also taken Augmentind and started the Medrol Dose Pack yesterday for the infection from the cat bite

1/19/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

I understand your concern.
As per your description, I would advise you to take Percocet and Klonopin at different timings as Percocet in morning and Klonopin at night.

It's not good to take them together as there is a drug interaction between them.

Today, you have taken them with a gap so you should watch for unusual shortness of breath, choking sensation and dizziness, confusion.

If you develop any symptoms then see your doctor soon.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

I did take Percocet this morning but was still in a lot of pain. I did wait 4 hours before taking the Klonopin. Is that not long enough? I thought the doses of both were pretty low so I thought 4 hours was enough time.
I was only given a couple of doses of Percocet, the doctor thought that the antibiotics and prednisolone would kick in after a day or 2 so I won't take pain meds again because it should be better tomorrow. I was unable to move my fingers yesterday, even though only one finger was bitten. My finger is still swollen and red but is not as painful tonight.

Thank you for replying back.

The effect of Percocet lasts for approximately 4-6 hours.

So, you have taken it before Klonopin 4 hours so it wouldn't affect it adversely so much.

You can take them with a gap.

You can take OTC Motrin safely with Klonopin.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician