Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I asked a new question because you were helpful and being…

I asked a new question...
I asked a new question because you were helpful and being honest. I forgot to ask .. if I had Postive IgM 39,23,41. And I had IGg 18,66,41. Being that the 39 and 23 we’re Postive. Do they automatically go over to IGg. ( I mean know matter what they picked up ). ?
1/18/2018
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Certain bands are seen with IgM and certain bands with IgG. Numbers only matter with either the G separate from the M. Actually, if you have IgM antibodies characteristic for Lymes disease but your IgG doesn’t have five bands considered diagnostic then it probably isn’t Lymes. However, some immunologists put more weight on certain bands so that if three bands are found that match the bands they put more weight on then they say, “yes it’s Lymes”. I have to retract thinking your IgM was Lymes when your IgG doesn’t confirm it. However, repeating the testing in six weeks may show more bands consistent with Lymes. Thanks for allowing me to see the gray areas with testing for Lymes disease. Lymes is the great mimic when it comes to diseases. It may be Lymes, but it appears as some virus such as cytomegalovirus.
I was IGM CDC Postive at 7 weeks of infection. So I would not have Enough Time to make IGg. He is retesting in another 6 weeks. They IgM should I go over to IGG ... i have been tested for everything else
If the IgM go over Lyme disease is confirmed
39,23,18,93 are Lyme specific
The 3 IGg bands I have are part of the 5 bands .. this is why so many are misdiagnosed for Lyme . The testing is ridiculous. How can you have a current and past infection. This is all has to do with the vaccine. Jimmy walker was not CDC Postive either but enough to diagnose. I just want a diagnoses they need to make a yes or no text. The C6 peptide is 95% also for Lyme which is different than the regular Eliza. I’m questioning the test, my doctor said absolutely. But very LLMD says you have Lyme. So I was just curious if bands that you have on IgM automatically go over to IGg. They picked up some infection?
You can have IgM from acute stage(even without symptoms) and early manifestation of IgG. The testing is for either M or G and there may be similarities but they don’t matter. You may get answers in time.
in I’m in NJ where this is high. You also can’t go off the CDC in 3 states. They just changed the guidelines. Hopefully next test
Too much thinking when it comes to Lymes disease.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Lol yes