Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm having a scapular nerve block done on Wednesday and the…

Customer Question
I'm having a scapular...

I'm having a scapular nerve block done on Wednesday and the MRI on Monday and it's going to be done with cortisone the shot will that interfere with my MRI test results

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No no nothing like that I have a really bad pain in my left shoulder it's unbearable and it comes and it goes everytime I move it up and down it starts hurting and it feels like it's inflamed heating pad ice pack and anti-inflammatories don't work

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I would say probably about 6 months now that I've had it and just not using it makes it better and lifting heavy objects or moving it repeatedly makes it worse and it's going into my neck like the pain is going into my neck and it's making my arm feel really weak it's hard to pick up stuff

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have a pseudotumor and I'm on pain medicine already

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
1/18/2018
Health Professional: dochealey, Senior Consultant replied 4 months ago
dochealey
dochealey, Senior Consultant
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Sawhney an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
The cortisone shot will not interfere with the MRI.
You can safely go ahead with the cortisone shot.
Feel free to ask any follow-up question.
Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
dochealey
dochealey
dochealey, Senior Consultant