Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I woke up with chest congestion, wheezing, productive cough,

I woke up with...

I woke up with chest congestion, wheezing, productive cough, aches, chills and low grade fever of 99.8...wondering if I should stay home from work or push through

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

A week ago, I felt ill and came home, went straight to bed. Felt better the next day. The cough started lightly yesterday afternoon, late in the day. I felt some chills but thought nothing of it. Other symptoms are body aches, my chest is sore & it feels like I'm losing my voice. Can't get warm enough

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have asthma.

1/17/2018
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Have you taken any medication for such symptoms?

Age and gender?

Any change in bowel movements?

Are you drowsy?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Pushing lots of fluids, took acetaminophen for aches, mucinex, used my inhaler once last night before bed. I'm a 46 year old woman in good health. I'm wondering if I should stay home from work or just push through.
I'm fatigued rather than drowsy. No changes in bowel movements.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, such symptoms are related with Viral flu.

This a viral origin flu, and which has caused congestion of the sinus and throat tissues. It is causing pain in throat and body ache.
To control this, please take the following steps:

1. Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
2. Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
3. Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.
4. You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.
5. Take Tylenol for fever and pain. You can start at two tablets every four to six hours as needed.
6. You should take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC), Also take Decongestants - Sudafed 120 mg once daily(OTC) and Otrivin nasal drops 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC).

Viral symptoms, usually get resolve by its own in 4-5 days.

Most people are contagious for about five to seven days, So you should take adequate rest at home for next 4-5 days. Please stay at home next few days.

Most likely, with such measures, you would be free from symptoms in next few days.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thanks Dr Josh! I appreciate the advice and will stay home practicing self care instructions you've provided. Best, Kimeral
Oh and where is the link to rate? You were awesome!

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

You can rate me by clicking 5 stars.

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor