Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I was asking about a bump on my forehead and got bumped off…

I was asking about...

I was asking about a bump on my forehead and got bumped off your site, and in addition, I was not able to use paypal

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Not sure I'm having symptoms...I am diabetic, (diagnosed in Nov), 52 yr old woman. Had gallbladder out in 30's. Chronic fatigue since 20's,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not sure what else is relevant

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could you please post the picture of the bump on forehead?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant figure out how to do this...but...you can't actually see anything on the skin...I can feel it when I run my hand across my forehead. It feels like a round bump. Not painful

Since when is the bump?

How big is it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've noticed it for the past few months. Not sure exactly when. The entire circumference fits under the tip of my forefinger, so less than 1/2 inch in diameter

This lump is likely to be;

1) Lipoma

2) Dermoid.

These are the two commonest lumps on the forehead.

These are benign and if they are acceptable cosmetically, no treatment is required. Otherwise a surgical excision may be done, which is an outpatient procedure.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's not necessary to consult my physician, correct?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have one other issue, which is separate, is it ok to ask that?

There is not emergency, but when you go for your annual check up, you may consult about it.

Please ask the other question too.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1 1/2 months ago, I took an antibiotic for a si us infection. Since then, I have had problems with cracking at the corners of my mouth, recurring yeast infection, and red rash in my underarms. The rash has abated but comes back episodically, and the cracking by my mouth is not noticeable but is uncomfortable. Are these things related to the antibiotic and what is the treatment?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have been super helpful and I will fill out the questionaire when we are done

This may be due to antibiotic. There is cause and effect relationship. Following may help you;

1) Probiotics; over the counter.

2) Zinc supplement; no prescription is required.

3) Application of hydrocortisone cream 0.5% at corners of mouth and rash at underarms. This is ialos without prescription.

These are likely to resolve it.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)