Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it possible to get appetite loss from ciprofloxin and how…

Is it possible to get...
Is it possible to get appetite loss from ciprofloxin and how long can this last after stopping the med.
1/17/2018
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Yes,Ciprofloxacin is known to cause loss of appetite.Thye drug has been implicated in severe loss of appetite .A search of medical literature has not revealed any information on how long this will last after stopping the drug,a rough guess would be 2-4 weeks.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
I noticed this a day or 2 after starting this med. Thid started Wed last week. I can eat some things but only what sounds good at the time. As long as it stays down is that a good thing?
Phone call session started