Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My creatinine level is 1.4 and my bun creatinine is 35.

My creatinine level is...

My creatinine level is 1.4 and my bun creatinine is 35. I'm In advanced Addison Disease. My liver is severe NAFLD, damage to the left side of my heart, gastreoperisis, and now my kidneys in just one year. I'm concerned about these levels

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I've been extremely sick in the last year. Panhypopituatarism that's caused my thyroid and adrenal glands to shut down and then the previous I just wrote you. Now my Glucose is 128 when I've always been hypoglycemic

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My pituitary adnoma is inoperable and I also have thrombocytopenia

1/17/2018
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your numerous concerns. I’m Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond. Is your question about your blood glucose level of 128?
No, even though that was a surprise. My question is about my kidney function. My new endocrinologist is concerned because that would mean all of my organs are now affected by the Addisons. It's the second test in two weeks that have come back high.
I have panhypopituatarism, the pituitary adenoma is inoperable. It's shut down my thyroid and adrenal glands, severe NAFLD, damage to the left side of my heart, pancreas not functioning properly, thrombocytopenia, malnutrition from not being able to absorb and now the kidneys
Are you going to be able to help. I know it's alot.
I’m sorry, I forgot your kidney values were indicating trouble. You may not be perfusing your kidneys from low blood pressure which may be from losing too much water through your kidneys. You may be chronically dehydrated from your fouled up body chemistry. Do you drink a lot of water and get up at night to pee? If so your doctor has to control your water balance. What was your serum sodium level most recently?
143, however I have a hard time staying hydrated. Sometimes I don't per but a couple times a day. I've been in adrenal crisis 6 times in 2017 because the failures are happening faster than I've been able to keep up. I use a LOT of pink Himalayan salt.
It would help if I knew your age and gender?
I'm Sorry, yes I always have to have a drink with me.
54 and female
You are too young to have your systems deteriorating so much but you are getting care that I can’t rate for you.
I've been having the worst pain on my right side under my ribs and kidney area pain but thought the back pain was from me not absorbing enough hydrocortisone for the Addisons. I'm very conservative with it.
Endocrinologists have always been the smartest doctors I knew. I hope you have a good one or more at this point.
I know but one Dr says I need all of the Drs related to the specific organs, that's my endocrinologist. My pc thinks none of its that big of a deal. My question is, is there enough concern to see a nephrologist like my endocrinologist wants. I've been told the faster these other experts get involved the better the quality of life.
I guess I want to know if you'd be concerned about my kidneys. I Have a LOT of treatment coming up and I need to feel comfortable with my decisions on Drs
I would want your kidneys assessed at this point by a nephrologist to find out if your kidney function is salvageable. I’ve done my best to share information with you and you can rate your satisfaction at this point.
Thank you, that's what I needed to know. I'm very tired and I'm at the point that I need to conserve my energy for the right things in life right now. I appreciate your prompt advice. Thank you
You’re welcome.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)