Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My husband feels like he has something stuck in his stomach…

Customer Question
My husband feels like he...
My husband feels like he has something stuck in his stomach and every few minutes he gets a pain. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
1/17/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Cristal,

Since how long are his symptoms?

What are the treatment tried?

Since yesterday and nothing I don't know what to give him.

Cristal,

This can be;

1) Acid reflux

2) Hiatal hernia

3) Food stuck in foodpipe.

You may give following;

1) Frequent small gulps of liquids.

2) Prilosec

3) Mylanta.

He would need a barium esophagram or upper GI endoscopy, if this is persistent and pain is moderate to severe.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Because what happen was he got drunk on Sunday and then he started to feel like that and he won't even eat

There can be tear at the junction of stomach and food pipe due to forceful retching or vomiting after alcohol consumption.

This need upper GI endoscopy for evaluation as that might be the culprit.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl