Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I had unprotected oral sex with a man I do not know well. He…

Hello. I had unprotected oral...
Hello. I had unprotected oral sex with a man I do not know well. He assured me that he was negative for STD' s and that he gets tested regularly. He came in my mouth a little bit but I pulled away and spit most of it out. The problem is that when I brushed and flossed my teeth about 5 hours prior to this i noticed blood in the sink. I'm worried I may have contracted HIV from him. Please advise. I did drink some alcohol earlier in the night if that helps.
1/16/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Let me give you all the perspective;

1) There is all the chance that he is HIV negative as he mentioned. It makes the exposure zero risk.

2) Flossing and brushing may cause tiny erosions which seal immediately. Thus they do not expose you to risk of HIV transmission (we are assuming him to be HIV positive).

3) Even if you have an ulcer or sore in mouth, a single exposure of oral sex with HIV partner is one in thousand, which is extremely low.

Thus there is nothing worrisome.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Even if there was a lot of blood prior would that still make the risk any less?

Risk overall with the oral sex is negligible and nearing zero.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)