Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Doc new question about something that freaked me out. About…

Ok doc new question about...
Ok doc new question about something that freaked me out. About 5 min ago I was sitting in my car looking down at my phone and the light turned free I looked up and got dizzy, like dizzy SITTING... as I was driving I felt very lightheaded and then got very hot. Had to roll down the window and take of my winter hat. I got this weird feeling all over me I think to as well. I had to like shake my head and it seemed to go away. Wtf was that I’m freaking out what just happened?!
1/15/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hey Jay

So all this lasted about 5 minutes and you're fine now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I don’t feel like I did them I’ve told you how sometimes I feel off. But I think I am. I don’t feel like I did when they happened.

And how do you feel right now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m back in the car now feel normal I guess
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had to go into the grocery store
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m freaking out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
your taking a little longer than normal is this serious?!

I'm getting back to you just as soon as I'm notified of your post Jay

Doesn't sound at all serious--probably what's called a vasovagal reaction where the heart rate and blood pressure drops a little

Then combined with your anxiety and probably rapid breathing you get the dizziness and faint feeling

Not a heart attack for sure and really nothing to worry about

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But ive never had that happen before, Like ive looked down at my phone many times then looked up. It was like as soon as I looked up it happened. I mean I may have looked up fast but who doesnt. I looked at the heart rate it around that time it would have been between like 1:55 and 2:00 pm
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iT WAS like at 53 or 60 ish around that time but ive hit that before. One time I hit 43 when sitting.

Sometimes a vasovagal just happens out of the blue but it's nothing dangerous

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this vasovagal reaction just happens I mean ive had the hot spell come on before when having IBS attacks before but I thought that was from pushing/standing up to fast etc. this was sitting and just looking up?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you can have them out of the blue even sitting?

It can just happen even when your sitting down and doing nothing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The car was a little warm,but I remember saying out loid whoa why do I feel dizzy. I mean it just literally came out of the blue as soon as I looked up. Its just ive told you before how lately sometimes I feel like my balance is off when walking this happens. Now the balance off center thing has happened before like 8 years ago had a CT scan all that with Nurolagist. This is how we found out I have apnea. Im wondering if the balance has to do with not getting sleep because I didnt know this but lack of sleep messes with your motor functions. So im sleeping but maybe the apnea is causing that. I dont know its just im very on edge Then this happened and freaked me out bad.Makes me think I either have a brain tumor or im having heart issues.

Neither a heart or a brain issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
see now my left shoulder feels weird I cant tell if its happening or in my head. I cant tell whats anxiety and real anymore.

What more do you want me to say?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Another thing I noticed my heart rate wouldnt fall below 100 the whole time on the plane flying to my destination Friday. Now I learned when I was hospitilized for that bug that dehydration causes rapid heart beat and also light headness weakness i HAVE talked about before. The linzess I know when I take dumps water out of me. I try to drink water as much as possible but how do I know im hydrated. I did take the linzess that day. I also remember when i got out the hospital I was super hydrated and I didnt take linzess for over a week. Then I started taking it again the heart rate started to climb. Is all this more than likely related? not today maybe but my freaking out always about my heart rate.

This could have been from some dehydration but let's not wander all over the place Jay

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i did take linzess today. I know but I just want it to go away so I need to figure out whats up. I know you still think it was the vascular thing today but in general. The reason I think its my brain its because I said I feel off balance. Then I think the heart because that can cause diziness. But you dont think its either. Not to mention another reason the brain thing freaks me out. My grandmother died of brain cancer. I think thats what gave me health anxiety,

Again not heart and not brain Jay

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Stories like this don’t help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even though the comment is right it just said heart rate was elevated

What was the point of showing me that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just how that night I had that high hear rate when sleeping and then what happened how it worries me. I know you said it was nothing but still.

It wasn't a heart problem Jay

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok but any explanation of why I feel off at times , like I said off balance, the weird sensations, feeling like I have to take deep breaths at time , it’s slmost like I don’t feel like me at times. Like something not right.

That sounds like anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s just sometimes I fee
Hazy. Like I got up from
My desk went to the elevator when I got off I felt off I don’t want to say dizzy again but off. Because it didn’t feel like it did the other day but hazy. That’s why I’m scared it’s something with my heart or in my brain.

Neither one--just anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anxiety can make you feel weak ,or ,cloudy pass out ish?

Absolutely

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its just all weird all this seemed to get bad after July when I had the bad constipation kick in after the attack and started taking linzess.

We're really going nowhere with this right now Jay

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK i know but there are things like that just happened a few seconds ago I dont know if this was my heart or something else but I felt it my my upper chest neck felt like my heart was skipping beats, felt pulsating for like 6 seonds or so made me get up. I dont know if that can be reflux or something else but I felt it in my throat ive felt that before but that scares me to. what is that when that happens? Is that my heart skipping beats? I just felt it again while typing its like in my throat.

Sounds like anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It came out of no where as I was sitting relaxing watching tv , as it has before this time
Though it continued for seconds. Why would I feel that in my throat? If that a spasm or something?

Just a spasm and anxiety can do that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they just happen?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, now my concern is that I may have low blood pressure. Thats why I feel off in the head. Does that cause you to feel weird in the head or off?

Have your checked your blood pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I havent I dont have a way to test it.

So get a home monitor and start doing that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does low blood pressure mean? Is that a heart attack or heart issue?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do you know if you have low blood pressure?

Usually not a heart issue

Anything below 100/60 would be worrisome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just do t know what’s up, like when I walk I feel like I’m off balance. That’s why I feel like it’s a brain tumor. Then sometimes when I stand I get lightheaded or feel like I am or not normal. In particular standing from my desk at work. The it’s skipping feeling even though you said it’s probably not. Then the thing that started the high heart rate when I was sleeping on the 27th for a few min. I just don’t feel normal. I know anxican do that but it’s freaks me out I’m having a stroke , brain tumor or heart issues. I mean I know it
Can be apnea related or dehydration but I don’t know I’m so worried.

Nothing about this sounds like a brain tumor

And not a threatened stroke

Not related to sleep apnea either

Maybe from some dehydration

But Jay we're wandering all over the place here

Give me a rating so we can close this page for now

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, like right now I feel like im breathing heavy for no reason. Just sitting here I mean doesnt lack of sleep cause you to be off motor skills, thats what happened to me before according to the neurologist. Like why am taking deep breaths right now im trying to relax but I cant.

Right now it's all anxiety Jay

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, then I feel like im not talking properly like im stuttering not putting thoughts together properly I dont know if that in my head or not. I cant live like this every day I dont know what is real and what isnt anxiety wise. I dont know what to do.

Simple--see your doctor and tell him about all of this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the thoughts like I was saying?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
See him about the anxiety?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I have too, I know you have told me this a million times but the being off is what scares me the most. I thought if you feel off balance or dizzy or whatever when walking means a brain tumor or are symptoms of one. Or that my heart is acting up because of the feeling when walking or groggy etc. Just off especially since like I said my grandmother had a brain tumor so it really makes me worried.

Neither your heart or a brain tumor

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Doc I just googled something I know I shouldn't have but it says Diabetes can cause you to be off balance too as well as heart circulation problems. Like the feeling that I am feeling are so weird like I feel like its in my eyes when sitting here and typing.Like it feels like Im not looking through my eyes like normal but I can see fine. Its just freaking me out so much. I do have an appointment with my Neurologist that I have not seen in a long time on Tuesday but I feel like I need to go to my primary care to see if I need to go to a Cardioalgist... I know you dont think its either but I dont know whats going on.I read this Causes & Symptoms
Even healthy older adults usually have less secure balance than they had when they were younger. Older adults may be taking many medications or are coping with chronic conditions that can interfere with balance.Often several conditions can come together to produce balance problems. Some of those chronic conditions are:inner ear problems, including vertigo
eye problems (cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration)
numbness in feet and legs (neuropathy)
arthritis
heart or blood circulation problems
long-term diseases of the nervous system (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease, others)
taking multiple medications
Inner Ear Problems and their Symptoms
Your inner ear contains many tiny structures that together make up the vestibular system (your balance control center). These structures include the fluid-filled semi-circular canals of the labyrinth in the ear. The semi-circular canals are lined with tiny hairs and also contain many nerves. The hairs and nerves work together so you automatically have a sense of the position of your head, as well as the movements of your body and the pull of gravity. There are also calcium crystals inside the labyrinth that help you sense movement and gravity.Researchers report that the number of nerve cells in the vestibular system drops after the age of 55 years. This decline gets worse the older we get.Vertigo
If you have vertigo—the feeling that you or everything around you is spinning—you probably have a problem in the labyrinth of your inner ear. The most common inner ear disorders that produce vertigo are:benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
labyrinthitis or acute vestibular neuritis
Meniere’s disease
migrainous vertigo
acoustic neuroma
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)Sometimes, the calcium crystals in your inner ear break loose— either because of an ear infection, a bump on the head, ear surgery, or aging. The crystals can then travel into one of the semicircular canals. When you move your head, these misplaced crystals can shift position. If this happens, incorrect messages may be sent to your brain about your head position.BPPV comes on suddenly and powerfully. It is the most common cause of vertigo in older people. Moving, standing up, turning in bed, or slightly changing your head position makes it worse. The intense symptoms usually come and go, and last for less than a minute. But they tend to reappear frequently over the course of many days. Along with the vertigo, you may also experiencedizziness and lightheadedness
unsteadiness and loss of balance
blurred vision
rapid side-to-side eye movements that are not under your control
nausea and vomiting
migraine
Labyrinthitis (acute vestibular neuritis)Inflammation and swelling in your inner ear—called labyrinthitis—can cause intense, constant vertigo that starts suddenly and can last for days. Its main causes are upper respiratory infections and other viral infections, but stress, fatigue, allergies, smoking, or alcohol use can raise your risk for labyrinthitis. You may also have nausea, vomiting, loss of balance or hearing loss.This condition usually clears up on its own after a few days, but you may have to stay in bed until your symptoms disappear.Meniere’s diseaseMuch less common than BPPV or labyrinthitis, Meniere’s disease can show up at any age, although it usually appears in adults in their 40s or 50s. It is a long-term condition caused by a buildup of fluid in the inner ear, which can result from viral infections, allergies, or any number of other factors.Meniere’s disease can cause the following symptoms:sudden feelings of vertigo lasting for 30 minutes to several hours
hearing loss that comes and goes, but resulting eventually in some permanent deafness
buzzing, ringing, whistling, or roaring sound in the ear (tinnitus)
a feeling of fullness in the ear
Vestibular Migraine
Some people who get migraine headaches also experience vertigo and other types of dizziness during the migraine or between migraine headaches.Acoustic Neuroma
This is a non-cancerous (benign) growth on the nerve that connects the inner ear to the brain. Symptoms of an acoustic neuroma may include vertigo, hearing loss, and tinnitus in one ear.Other Causes of Vertigo
Vertigo can also be a signal of a stroke,
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I deaf was freaked out about the stroke stuff.

Sorry Jay but all that would take a fresh page to discuss with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)