Dr. J
Dr. J, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Gynecologist
98896333

I have an IUI procedure done on Jan 6 2018 and ever since

Hi. I have an IUI procedure done on Jan 6 2018 and ever since then I have had brown discharge only when I wipe. Sometimes it goes away but then comes back. Could this be a sign of early pregnancy? I'm worried as I have had misscarriages in the past.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes on an app
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've had 3 misscarriages in the past in 2010 and 2011

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly.

Everything you've been through sounds so stressful and frustrating. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had in the past.

You could still be having spotting just from the IUI procedure itself. Brown discharge is usually indicative of old blood. This means blood that you already bled, but was so light that it wasn't even enough to push itself out of the vagina, and it just collected in the vagina, and it just comes out little by little when you wipe. You probably had a little bleeding at the time of your IUI (pretty common) and that blood is just working its way out over time. Nothing to worry about at this point, and not indicative of a miscarriage. Hang in there and keep taking your prenatal vitamins.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you! I've been feeling tired, hungry, and heavy in my stomach.

That all sounds very promising!