Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am experiencing pain across my forehead and my nose feels…

Customer Question
I am experiencing pain...

I am experiencing pain across my forehead and my nose feels clogged. My ear also feels stopped and my sinuses drainsdown my throat. ūüėí

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?

Probably a couple of months. The pain doesn't affect my breathing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have recently wet my bed 3 times since the beginning of december

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
1/12/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations and treatment done?

Did you have urinary symptoms for long?

I am a 50 year old female. For the stuffy nose feeling i've bee n using Flonase. The bedwetting started last month. I've done it 3 times.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

The bed wetting is worrisome and warrant following investigations;

1) MRI of the pelvic floor, lower spine/back and brain.

2) Nerve conduction velocity study of pelvic floor and video urodynamics.

For pain across forehead, nose clogging draining sinuses; you need CT scan of paranasal sinuses.

Following would be the treatment protocol;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though.

Consulting an ENT (ear, nose throat) specialist would be prudent.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)