Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have vacullar fullness on one side showing up on CT. My…

Customer Question
I have vacullar fullness...
I have vacullar fullness on one side showing up on CT. My entire said it looked like a node he is ambiguous about doing a biopsy. I have had breast cancer and to me anything suspicious should be ruled out in my opinion. He just acts like he doesn't want to so biopsy and wants to send me out to someone that has experience with this. Your opinion please?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Do you have the CT report?

When did you have the breast cancer? And it was treated right? Chemo + Radio + Surgery?

I have report . Breast cancer 2009 treated with tamoxin progesterone POS. And estrogen pos.and estrogen pos
Tomixifen

Can you attach the report here? Or copy it here? I want to read the report first to give you a more clear answer.

Tomoxifen. Having trouble with keyboard

ok

Not sure what it is at. It was found when I had ct for my nexk
Neck

Where was the lymph node? In the chest or in the neck?

No
Behind the base of the tongue
In the vaculla ( sp)

Okay, then this doesn't correspond to breast cancer.

Very unlikely or almost impossible to have a node in this area from a recurrent breast cancer.

I know that I want to know if this could be cancer
Doctor said it was unusually to have node in this area

The biopsy may be indicated for other reasons like for evaluation of the enlarged lymph node (depending upon its size).

But a cancerous lymph nodes in this region from the breast should give lymph nodes first in the chest and neck.

But to clear any doubts, may be a biopsy can give the answer.

But I would rather do a mammogram and CT of the chest first, before deciding a biopsy for this area.

Is this an unusual area to have a node. And can the esophagram tell if it's cancee
Cancer

No, it can give a hint, but can not give a conclusive answer.

But it's in my neck ..why chest CT. I had a mammogram
Would you recommend a biopsy then

Because you are thinking of breast cancer recurrence, that's why the best answer will come from ct chest

I'm not thinking it has to do with my breast cancer that was just informed for you.
I'm wondering about an esophageal cancer

Honestly, doesn't look like related to breast cancer.

Esophageal cancer can be detected by endoscopy more reliably than lymph node.

I know that you are not being helpful and listening to my concern about esophageal cancer.!!
I had edosxopy he saw it and said it was up to me for biosy. I'm asking your opinion.
I need to speak to an ent
Not getting a response. I don't feel I should be charged for this "Lack" of information.ation and knowledge
Health Professional: Dr. R. Bora, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Hello and welcome to just answer.
I see that the previous expert has opted out. So, Im here to help you.
I have read your conversation with the previous expert. I would like to know just one thing.
What is the size of the lymph node in the vallecula?
I will answer your question after I get this information from you.
Not sure the size big enough to be seen under endoscopy and xt scan
CT scan
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)