Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’ve been having this throat discomfort and have done an…

Customer Question
Hello, I’ve been having...

Hello, I’ve been having this throat discomfort and have done an endoscopy and was diagnosed with gastritis but i don’t think that’s the issue. Some there’s a bitter taste in my mouth and weird smell in my nose. I hiccup and beep a lot.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No tooth pain at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not to my knowledge

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you get any sinus pains or pressure as well?

Not really
I feel like there a lot of saliva stuck in my throat
sometimes it just feels like there’s something

Can you describe the sensation in the throat in a little more detail to me? Is it constant, does it come and go? Is it a pain or pressure?

Some days are better than others..sometimes i feel as my throat is swollen. Or a sharp pain, like something is poking me
Earlier i finished eating, i had to drink a lot of water because the food wanted to come back up
It felt like i had to burp but when i tried, it felt like the food would come back up

What you are describing is mucous induced inflammation of the pharynx. The most likely causes are either from acid coming up into the pharynx or more often, from postnasal drip coming from the sinuses.

Last night i looked in the back of my throat i saw something that looked like a white phlegm and i swallowed and it was gone

So that would be the mucous - more often from the sinuses.

Sometimes it even makes my chest hurt

That would be unrelated since the nerves going to the throat and chest are separate. That might be from the gastritis that you have and isn't related to this.

I researched online and came up with LPR

I'm not sure what LPR stands for.

laryngopharyngeal reflux

That would be the same as the acid reflux I mentioned earlier. Please let me know what questions you have about it and I'm happy to address it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can expand on.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

-Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)