Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have just had an internal pelvic ultrasound and received…

Customer Question
Hi I have just...

Hi I have just had an internal pelvic ultrasound and received some results. I went to GP as I have few symptoms for Ovarian Cancer such as abdominal swelling-8kg weight gain in 2 months I look 12weeks pregnant. Also dizziness spells, pain during intercooler and irregular menstrual cycle. Results say Left Ovary 5.47cm Length and 2.59 Width. Right Ovary-5.48cm L and 2.38 W. Did a series of blood tests early this morning. I also have secondary Hemochramitis so my iron in blood was high but not in body thats why I received call back from that test first to do further testing. Don't get results until Thursday little worried. My son who just turned 1pyears d last week was also diagnised and had surgery on the 4th August with Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma a 1 in the Million rare liver Cancer. He has a Facebook page credit Noah questions in 5 Million if you would like to follow his journey. He is the one I'm worried about as he is petrified I have a "Ball" as he calls it in my stomach too as It is so bloated.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

I've just started yesterday but have all dates of appointments written down.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had Melanoma when pregnant 10years ago with my son and 2 years later had 2 skin carcinomas removed also.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
My son's facebook page is called " Noah 1 in 5 Million". Sorry that was a typo mistake what I wrote previously.
I also have multiple Fibric Cysts in both breasts but been no change in a year just had them Ultrasound last week and monitored with GP.
Hi is anyone going to answer my question?
1/9/2018
Health Professional: Dr. J, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Doctor (MD)

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. I'm sorry to hear about what your family is going through.

You have sent your ultrasound measurements of both ovaries, as well as a picture of the R ovary. Based on the single picture I'm seeing here, it looks like you have a "simple" cyst on your R ovary. "Simple" means it's just a thin-walled fluid-filled sac. "Complex" would mean it had solid components, or multiple walls, or debris within the cyst. To my eyes your cyst does not appear complex. It appears simple. Simple cysts are benign (not cancer) the vast majority of the time, and in fact sometimes we just follow them with more ultrasounds over time because many times they'll just go away on their own.

All that being said, I want to make sure you have a follow-up with your doctor to establish some follow up on this cyst. Also, the only way to know FOR SURE that you, or I, or anyone else does not have a cancer, is to actually go into your abdomen and remove the cyst, so if you are concerned about this cyst being something dangerous (which it does not appear to be based on the single photo you have sent), please talk to your doc about sending you to a specialist to talk about surgery.

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me.

If you are satisfied with the response received, please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you.