Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I’ve been prescribed docusate sodium for constipation and I…

Customer Question
I’ve been prescribed docusate...

I’ve been prescribed docusate sodium for constipation and I have black stool

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Black stool from my medicine

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Docusate sodium

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Health
1/6/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Iron-docusate sodium can cause black stool. Please see the resource;

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-63628/iron-docusate-sodium-oral/details/list-sideeffects

Pepto Bismol, iron supplements and green vegetables too can cause black stool.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl