Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Im currently experience constant pressure in face and head…

Customer Question
Im currently experience constant...

Im currently experience constant pressure in face and head since yesterday. And now it feels warm on face

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

No other skin concerns. More than 1 day

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

4 weeks ago. I had unprotected oral sex. Giving to a transsexual. 2 weeks later I had strep throat and fever which I recovered in about 3 to 4 days. Afterwards, about 1 week later, I had minor flu/cold that I recovered in a day or 2. 1 week later I’m having this issue

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Health
1/3/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, from your description, it sounds like that you may have developed sinusitis. This is inflammation of the sinuses which can lead to the develop[ment of the pressure in the face and the head and even the rise in temperature. Over time it can lead to stuffiness in the nose and even cough or post nasal drip. In the initial stages, you would only have pressure over the face etc. Sinusitis is a possibility because you have recently developed a strep throat along with the flu/cold. These upper respiratory tract infections can very easily cause the development of sinusitis. Now, this would be diagnosed quite easily on a clinical examination and then can be treated with simple OTC anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen at a dose of 400 mg thrice daily along with sinus lavages with OTC saline as well as decongestants. These three things are usually enough to control the problem. if they don't work then a sinus x-ray would be required followed by a course of potent antibiotics like azithromycin as well as steroids for a period of 5-7 days.

I would recommend that if the symptoms persist after the use of OTC products then contact your doctor again for the antibiotics and steroids.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/