Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I get uti’s frequently and each time the dr gives me

Customer Question
macrobid By the fourth day I’m...
I get uti’s frequently and each time the dr gives me macrobid
By the fourth day I’m ready to stop because I get stomach issues and cramps
I have a tear in my leg and need surgery but he won’t do until my infection goes away
My dr told me to try cipro but people I know that took it said it was harsh and had to stop
Can you tell me which one you think would be better in clearing this up
I’m beginning to think my body is rejecting macrobid because I took so often
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
1/1/2018
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

You can take macrobid for a shorter period of time, as little as 3 days.

Or your doctor can place you on bactrim which is a sulfa antibiotic.

Depending on the bacteria, amoxicillin or keflex can work as well.

Cipro is too strong and shouldn't be taken for a UTI unless absolutely necessary.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.