Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had rotator cuff/shlulder pain throughout the summer.

Customer Question
Good mobility but certain movements...
I have had rotator cuff/shlulder pain throughout the summer. Good mobility but certain movements cause pain. Recently, forearm and thumb "feel" weak and seem to fatigue at a faster rate than my other arm. I dont seem to have a loss of strength or strength difference just a weird feeling/sensation in the 1 arm compared to the other. Possible pinched nerve?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD) replied 6 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Doctor (MD)
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
Is there any neck pain?
Have you seen a doctor for this issue yet?
I would say more stiffness on affected side than pain. When i turn head to affected side i can feel tightness below scapula. I seen my PCP a few weeks ago concerning the shoulder. Took X-Ray of shoulder and Cspine. Bone spur/arthritis noted on c6. Was told shoulder appeared "bone on bone". Was given cortisone shot. No "pins/needles" sensation. Forearm/hand jusr feels different than other
symptoms into hand and thumb would be more consistent with cervical disc or cervical stenosis than rotator cuff.
Usually will respond to physical therapy, so would talk to your doctor about a referral to PT.Does that help answer your question?

do you have any further questions?