Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am concerned that my fingernails don’t grow at all and…

Customer Question
I am concerned that...

I am concerned that my fingernails don’t grow at all and haven’t done since about May this year when I stopped taking cancer medication which I thought would improve things.. I have been tested for my thyroid which appears to be fine and I am a vegetarian so not sure if this is related? My hands look awful. Any ideas please? Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

I see my go regularly if that’s what you mean?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I still think there is a possible problem with the thyroid as it affects my mother and sister and my hair has been thinning since the same time??

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Health
12/30/2017
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 6 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D., with many years caring for patients. I can’t respond unless I know your age, gender, why were you taking cancer medication? How often did you clip your nails in what you consider normal health times?