Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had MS SINCE [1992 I had a suprapubic catheter

Customer Question
I have had MS SINCE...
I have had MS SINCE [1992
I had a suprapubic catheter 'installed' October 2016.
Discharge around the stomach entry is ongoing and is foul smelling.
What is recommended the best dressing to tape to the stomach ? Are there any specially designed dressings ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/28/2017
Health Professional: Ross, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Ross
Ross, Doctor (MD)

Hello Dr Ross IM a urologist I will try to help

you probably know the basics of cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide

paper tape best on skin

t​here is no best because its how it works on your skin, if you have drainage you may wanyt to first pyut a guaze dorn that is cut half way then tape over with pore tape

every company markets the "best" tape for sp tubes I have in 30years never found a best it truly is trail and error

o​r whichever home medical supply company pushing ythere wstockroom I hope that helped I have had MS since 1984 I cath myself 4x a day its a pain but has allowed me tpo work all these years ratings appreciated