Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I want to know if I should take my 11 yro son to ER or if he…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know if I should take my 11 yro son to ER or if he can keep sleeping. Pulse ox 91 (we are in Denver on a trip from ny) and it was 97 before he went to sleep.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

For my 11 yro son. He has a fever. And seems very tired. Breathing seems a little shallow

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

Second day of fever. Some shallow breathing. Noticeable mostly when he is sleeping

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has not been diagnosed w asthma but seems to get breathing troubles when he gets a could. My husband has been sick, lying on couch for days and I am worried my son has this too

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/27/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Is he having a stuffy nose, cough?

Have you given any medications to him?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks