Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

The pain in my upper thigh started as a seemingly pulled…

Customer Question
The pain in my...

The pain in my upper thigh started as a seemingly pulled muscle, to the point I can not extend my leg or put my weight on my right leg.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. When I have my leg slightly propped with a heating pad, it feels almost pain free that way.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It started slowly after my right foot hit a stationary display at a department store while I was walking at a normal pace. It has continued to worsen. Has been almost 8 weeks ago. No other health issues

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Health
12/24/2017
Health Professional: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond. A problem such as you describe appears to be a strain of the groin muscles in the area of you pain. These usually heal on their own within a few days. 8 weeks is much to long to be just a strain. It may be a muscle tear or some type of hernia. Because it has lasted this long, you actually may need to be evaluated for some type of surgical repair. I hope my information helps and just some rehab might be added.
You may rate your satisfaction to my response so that I know if I met your expectations. I’m concerned that your problem has lasted so long.