Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

This is a question for a Doctor that has experience with…

Customer Question
This is a question for...
This is a question for a Doctor that has experience with military and VA type situations. My son is 40 years old. He is a non active U.S. Marine. He is 100% honest and straighforward but
is facing government "red tape" and it seems like nobody could care less about his actual situation. He needs professional "been there, done that" type advice from a Physician or an Attorney
I believe. Here below is a copy of my son's letter to me. PLEASE ask for more information if you want it. TIME IS OFF THE ESSENCE at this point because he is facing some sort
of government time limit.Hi Dad,The question / situation that I would like to p[ose to a Just Answer expert would be this:I would like to have a written professional opinion or a citation stating that these two symptoms: Post Void Residuals and Increased Urinary Frequency,
maty be caused or made worse by having long-term bilateral vericocele.I have had a left vericocele for many yeasrs (DX in 2002), and have had the right for about three yeasrs. I have read that circulatory problems
in the groin can cause these problems, but the VA needs a professional's thoughts.If you wouldlike more info, please just ask and I will provide any further information that the Just Answer Expert might require.-------------------
Dear Expert,
please give us exact guidance on how to expediently proceed with this request/situation. TIME IS IMPORTANT IN THIS SITUATION.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Health
12/22/2017
Health Professional: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am an attorney, not a doctor...but I have plenty of experience with the Marine Corps...how can I assist?

I will admit to being more than a little confused here. I am sure most of the reason for this confusion is the less than optimum navigation and selection process on this site. Your photo indicates that you are a Doctor. You mention that you are NOT a doctor. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and A+ for effort on this question but PLEASE opt out and hand this question over to a Medical Doctor that can accomplish the request listed below. Thank you for your assistance.The NEED: A written statement from a physician would be preferable, one that states my urinary conditions could have been caused or worsened by my already service-connected conditions. This could be a general statement (not tied to me) stating that there is a good possibility that urinary frequency and post void residuals could be caused or worsened by long-term bilateral varicocele or circulatory dysfunction within the scrotum.An attorney could theoretically help, but it would be to the extent of finding a case reference in VA history that the claimant had a similar scenario and the urinary conditions were associated with long-term varicocele.
MEDICAL DOCTOR, PLEASE RESPOND QUICKLY. TIME IS VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS SITUATION DUE TO GOVERNMENT RULES AND RED TAPE.
Your stars are NOT clickable. When I notice that I can click on them I will give 5 stars. Please consult with the "wonderful folks" that run this site and have them fix it. Until then....
You say you are a HEALTH PROFESSIONAL but not a doctor. OK. I mention that I would give you the benefit of the doubt and grant you five stars but stars are not clickable. OK. I request that you have the unclickable stars fixed. NO response. OK. What the hell good are you then? You CERTAINLY are NO Marine. Do NOT contact me jerk.

Hi...I do not understand why you are resorting to name calling (implying I am not a Marine...or that I am a "jerk"). I am an attorney, NOT a doctor. I am happy to help in any way I can

Statement Number One: Your photo and profile displays "Health Professional". If you are an attorney why does it not state that instead of Health Professional?
Statement Number Two: I mentioned that I would give you the benefit of the doubt by clicking FIVE STARS even though I essentially received little or no assistance, I think that was generous on my part. I requested that you have this site remedy the situation that NO stars were clickable. For whatever reason you have either chosen not to request that the problem be solved or the site has been informed but simply explained, they do not care.
Statement number three: I specifically request that a general statement be prepared. I requested this due to your "Health Professional" designation next to your photo. How am I as a person posing a question supposed to deduce that you are a lawyer instead of anything resembling what you are presenting yourself to be? Health Professional does NOT lead a person to come to the conclusion that they are posing a question to a lawyer.
Statement number four: Most Marines cut through the BS and GET THE JOB DONE. This did not occur.
Statement number five: If you can think of a more descriptive word other than jerk then I am open to utilizing your suggestion. Obviously a law degree does not equate to good old fashioned common sense and a "get er' done" attitude. I make no apologies and stand by my personal opinions.

Umm..OK. Well, I am a Marine. So there is that.

Again, I am happy to help if you have questions.

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)