Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I woke up and rolled over onto my back and the room started…

Customer Question
I woke up and...

I woke up and rolled over onto my back and the room started spinning.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None, just the room spinning when I like down.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take a couple of antidepressants and supplements. I recently hurt my back and went to the chiropractor the last two days.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Since Sunday, sharp pain like sciatica with muscle spasming. Chiropractic adjustment helped a great deal. Yesterday the put me on something called a decompression table to relieve the pressure on the nerve or disc.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you feel dizzy with change in head positions?

Have you got checked blood pressure level?

Any ear infection?

Age and gender?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I'm still a little dizzy sitting or standing up. Blood pressure was checked a couple of months ago at the doctors and it was normal. No ear infection but I have tinnitus, allergies and clench my teeth when I sleep. Female, 58.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Most likely such symptoms are due to a condition Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo called as BPPV. Such episodes can come, and then go and then again re-occur. It occurs when the semicircular canals in ear, become sensitive to changes in head position, and may occur when you lay on bed.

Also with this ,change in positions such symptoms appear. And BPPV usually lasts a minute or two. It can be mild, or it can be bad enough.

Your doctor will do test- Dix-Hallpike test.

Doctor can treat this condition with series of movement called as canalith repositioning procedure.This can be done by doctor.
Also Thyroid function test, Blood sugar test should be done.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine) for dizziness.It is OTC drug.
I would recommend you to consult ENT doctor for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I'm sitting on the couch and laid my head back to rest and it started again, room spinning like I've been drinking-I don't drink.

I can understand your concern.

Please take OTC Dramamine, it would resolve your symptoms.

Most likely, such symptoms are related with BPPV, this can be managed by your doctor.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh