Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a UTI started on Cipro 250mg. First dose tonight. I…

Customer Question
I have a UTI...

I have a UTI started on Cipro 250mg. First dose tonight. I noticed that i am passing small clots every now akd then is this normal

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Nothing but pressure burning and spotting blood and small clots

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

No just started this evening. Went to my local hospital. They dipped my urine. They said it had nitrates, blood, in my urine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Health
12/19/2017
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Do you suffer from a severe pain in the abdomen, during urination?

Are you taking any other medicines?

Any other medical illness?

Fever?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

No I do not suffer from any illnesses. The only thing right now is this UTI.
My age is 40. Female
are u there

Yes, I'm answering you in a few minutes.

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

As per your description, such blood in urine can be caused due to infections, inflammation, stones or growths anywhere in the urethra, bladder or kidneys.

As you have started Cipro so you should continue it.

Also, maintain a good hydration with plenty of fluids, Gatorade.

You should take OTC Pyridium tablets and cranberry juice.

If you feel dizziness, severe fatigue with blood in urine then this must be evaluated by a urologist.

The evaluation includes a urine culture, a urine cell test called a cytology, as well as a Ct scan of the kidneys ( or a sonogram) and a cystoscopy, where the urologist looks in the bladder.

As you are experiencing blood clots now so possibly bleeding starts to stop.

In case of profuse bleeding then visit the emergency room.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician