Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have bleeding in my ear when I was cleaning the right ear…

I have bleeding in...

I have bleeding in my ear when I was cleaning the right ear I have been having pain in my ear for yr. I have been seen by an ear thoart specialist and he said my ear was fine but today I see blood in my ear

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No dizziness no fever just constant nerves in my neck are tight and the dr gave me muscle relaxers I took two last night could not sleep at all put in ear drops and saw blood when I used a smart swab which is like a q tip but made out of rubber spiral looking q tip like

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The dr in emergency said my ear drum was rupture but that was in May I have had several dr look at my ear and they said my ears were fine but I have these cluster nerve headaches every day they took a MRI and a cScan and it showed nothing a mo ago

12/16/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello I'm Dr Chip
I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in just a moment

Did a doctor ever look in your ear while it was bleeding?

No this is the first time that I have had bleeding. I just have these cluster nerve like headaches daily when I lay my head down. I’m ok when I move around but always have this hissing not ringing but hissing in my right ear
What’s going on dr

Can you tell me more about the headaches?

I only get a fee hrs of sleep get woken up with my nerves bouncing back and forth in my head so I sit up and use a tense machine on my neck and it settles down.
The blood is very little like a scratch it on inner ear should I go to emergency

Have you had an MRI of your neck?

I had an MRI on my head

OK

No need for the ER with the bleeding--that's probably just a scratch in your ear canal

But you need the MRI of the cervical spine since there may be a disk problem there and what you seem to be having is tension headaches from neck muscles spasms because of that

Please let me know if you need any more information

I agree with you that is my next move. Thank you That what I think is happening. Thank you but they said I have to wait till Feb for an appt do you think I should get in sooner

Well it's not an emergency situation but you should ask your doctor to get the MRI as soon as possible

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)