Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have lower back pain that is sometimes lessened by a bowel…

I have lower back...

I have lower back pain that is sometimes lessened by a bowel movement . But my bowel movements are different than usual. They are gasy and lots of thin poop. It has been going on for a week now.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. The pain lessons after I have had a couple of these weird bowel movements. Although it only reliefs it for a short time.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I currently have a yeast infection . Recently on an antibiotic for infected tooth. The antibiotic was clindamycin.

12/16/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

I am 41 and have some gas.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Colonic diverticulum / diverticulitis

2) Rectum polyp.

3) Mild grade intestinal infection.

You may need an ultrasound and a stool exam as an initial evaluation.

You may need a course of antibiotic like Flagyl.

Probiotics can help you.

Following may help you; 1) Avoid a) Cabbageb) Beerc) Legumesd) Cheesee) Beans 2) This may help; a) Bismuth subsalicylateb) Activated charcoalc) Simethicone; (Maalox, Mylanta); Simethicone causes gas bubbles to break up.d) Beano; contains an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase), which helps to breakdown certain complex carbohydrates. All are available without prescription.

Avoid foods that appear to aggravate symptoms. These may include milk and dairy products, certain fruits or vegetables, whole grains, artificial sweeteners etc. But this is based on the personal observation for the aggravating food.Please feel free for your follow up questions. I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Okay. Thank you. Is it okay to wait till Monday to contact my doctor.

You are very welcome.

If your symptoms are mild, you can wait till Monday. Moderate to severe symptoms would need evaluation early.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)